As the UK debates whether to leave or remain in the EU, Pro Europa explores what this would mean for different special interests and citizen groups. We have invited an eclectic mix of stakeholders to discuss the following:
- what has the EU done for you?
- what would leaving or remaining mean for you?
- what is important to you for the future?
The session will kick off with remarks from representatives of 2 very different organisations and perspectives:
- Stephen Hinchley, head of EU affairs for the Royal Society for the Protection of Birds - RSPB
- Winand Quaedvlieg, head of Brussels office for the Dutch Business organisation - VNO-ONC
You are welcome to join the debate or to simply listen and reflect. The implications are many and the stakes high for each and every EU stakeholder. What is the best framework for moving forward? Do we have common or conflicting interests in this respect? Should one EU member state be “negotiating” with the 27 others? Or should we be working together to improve our common home?
We are grateful to EurActiv.com for hosting the event at their office in the International Press Centre, Boulevard Charlemagne 1, (just behind the Berlaymont)
RSVP if you would like to join us at 6pm on Weds 16th September.
Boulevard Charlemagne 1
Google map and directions